Friday, September 30, 2011

Taylor Swift!


What a great surprise Shaye gave me this year for our anniversary. Well he gave it to me for our anniversary but he said he was going to do it anyways. Shaye and my brother-in-law Jerron had apparently been conspiring together to do something nice for their wives during hunting season since they are gone so much. I must say I was happy they were even thinking this way:) Anyways they decided to get mikkel and I tickets to the Taylor Swift concert! I was so surprised and excited, I do love Taylor Swift but I would have never got tickets on my own so it was so nice of Shaye to do something for me. The best part was I would be going with my sisters, Emily came too she already had a ticket and would be sitting with some of our cousins. It was perfect, Em came up and we all drove up together.
Sydney, Kenzie, me and Em getting excited!!
Getting some dinner before the big show.
My close up with Taylor:)
Getting anxious for the show to start, it seemed to take forever between the opening group.
Then finally she appeared, ha ha:) We had great seats on the floor. We were towards the back which was fabulous cause she had a little stage in the middle back, like 10 feet from us where she came and sang 4 songs!!
Here she is on the stage right by us! Maybe I sound like I'm 12 but I really like her. I thought she did a great job and she really seems like a very nice good person. So I guess I appreciate her being a decent person that young girls can look up to:)
Mikkel enjoying the show. Now Mikkel, well she is known for her good luck at concerts getting to meet the performer or getting free tickets or something and so of course when Taylor was walking back to the main stage she walked right past us and Mikkel went up and stuck out her arms and Taylor came and totally hugged her! Not just a brief half hearted hug but a full on two arm squeeze, ha ha. Yes I know now I really do sound like I'm 12. See the video at the end of the post to watch. I was videoing when she came over and hugged her but you don't see the hug cause right when she came over of course there was a lot of pushing from the people around me and I lose my view:( But you can see her and you get the idea.
It really was a great show, it wasn't just her singing on the stage it was quite a major production lots of special effects and stuff.
She came right by us again during her last song as she went around the arena on this thing.
Yes it was quite a show. Thanks Shaye for letting me go!! It was just fun to be with my sisters and hang out. Since we were up in Salt Lake Mikkel got us a seat in the audience for Good Things Utah the next morning. It was fun and interesting to see how that all works and if you were watching that day you would have seen Mikkel and Emily on t.v. for a few seconds.
Us with all the girls after the show.
On our way out of town we met up with Brandon for some ice cream and some good conversation. It was fun to be with my siblings, so glad we are all good friends and enjoy spending time together. What a great trip! Plus I survived my first ever night away from Peyton! I missed him lots and was so happy to get back to him but glad he also survived without me, although I'm sure he missed me too:)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like so much fun! But how come your not wearing an I heart Taylor Swift shirt too? ;)

Mikkel said...

I don't know why i never see your updates on my blog roll? I decided to check your blog for fun and found this. Fun times!

Hollie said...

I finally got to see the GTU clip. haha Oh good times. That was great. You girls are all so cute! I'm so glad you all got to go.