Monday, May 25, 2009

I Did It!

This is a very exciting day and I just wanted to let everyone know that I made it through the month on my own and Shaye will be home TONIGHT!! I couldn't be more excited, I have had enough of the single life. I must say that I did better on my own than I thought I would. I must give thanks to American Idol for giving me something to look forward to each week. And the best part is that Kris Allen won and that is just the way it should be. I must say that I did my part in helping him. I am slightly embarrassed to admit that I did vote but I didn't have anything else to do all by my lonesome, but I'm glad I did cause he won so my voting was not in vain:) I also must thank my wonderful family again I got to go down to my aunt Natalie's a couple times this weekend to see her new baby girl she had last week. She is a beautiful little girl and it was so fun to see her. On Sunday we had a good old Brown family dinner with Grandma and Grandpa as well as Lois and McKay and kids. It was great fun and I was glad I could spend time with them.

Also work as kept me busy while Shaye has been away and everyone I work with is so nice to me and that helped to make my life better. I am sad to be leaving my job I made some great friends and everyone truly was so wonderful to work with. On my last day they were so sweet they put together a surprise going away party for me after work. I had no idea, I was ready to leave work at six and didn't understand why everyone was moving so slow. Then others showed up from different offices and I started to get what was going on. We had some good pizza and a very yummy cake!
They even decorated my office with streamers, balloons and a sign that said "Good luck Ash. We'll miss you." They are all so sweet.
Here are a few of the people I worked with. I talked them into letting me take a picture before we left. I was glad I happened to have my camera in the car, that was a first:) 
So now it will be on to California for us so I will post again when we get all settled there.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you! I'm glad that Shaye bring gone gave you an excuse to come visit me!

Ly + Alan said...

That's exciting that you get to move to California - what part are you moving to?

Devin & Ruthann said...

It stinks without your hubby, huh? Mine left a week ago for San Diego to sell pest control and we won't see him for about 3 more weeks. I'm not able to move there, so it rough here without him. Sometimes I think I might go crazy with the kids! At least my family is close and I have a great ward to keep me company.

Have fun in Cali!

Malinda S. said...

A whole month! That would be difficult. Glad you made it! Your work was so sweet! Good luck in California.

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

I'm so proud of you for making it through without Shay. I don't know if I'm that brave. Have fun in Cali!! That would be so fun if we could come visit you...we're not counting it out yet. That was so sweet of your work...everybody loves you Ash!

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

Hey Ash guess where I was last weekend?! Kanab!! I was in Honey's grocery store getting things for your camping trip and saw a bunch of pictures of your fam! How are you doing?? Have fun in California!