Friday, August 28, 2009

Santa Cruz and a Night Out

I wasn't planning on posting again until we got back to Utah but turns out we did a couple fun things this week that I wanted to get on here before we left. On Tuesday Mikkel and I decided we should head down to Santa Cruz since neither of us had been there and we had heard it was the warmest beach in the area. Well since we were headed that way I called my dear friend Joni who lives down that way and invited her to meet us there. We were so glad she would come on such a short notice and it was so fun to visit and enjoy the beach. The kids had a fabulous time so it was well worth it to watch them have such a fun time.
Here's Joni helping the kids dig a big hole that they loved jumping into.
Eliza, Oliver, Joni and Trajen admiring their nice work.
Sweet little Eliza, such a cutie.
This summer has been great, I have seen Joni more this summer than I have in the past 7 years! Thanks for coming with us Joni and I hope it isn't 7 years before we get together again:)
Here's my summer buddies. What would I have done without these guys?
What a cute little family :)

Then on Wednesday night a few of us planned a night out for our friend Tosha's birthday! Tosha lives here in the apartments where we have been living. She has been a great friend to us and we have all enjoyed getting to know her. Here we are at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was the perfect place we just walked there from our apartments and had a fabulous time.
Happy Birthday Tosha, come visit us in Utah. We'll all miss you! :)
Here we are after enjoying are wonderful dinner. I'll miss all the good times in California but I am excited to be heading home. We are leaving early tomorrow morning so I better get back to packing! See you in Utah:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea, I'm glad you're coming back to good 'ol Utah, but also glad you had such a fun-filled summer.

Kanani said...

Where in Utah are you going to be?

mommaRx said...

What a great summer you guys had!!! I loved seeing all the sunny california pictures and the good times at the beach :)

Rach said...

Hey Ashley! It looks like you guys had an awesome summer! I hope you don't mind if I just add you to my list instead of having to go to mikkel's everytime! You and Shaye are so cute!! Welcome home, hopefully we will see you around Kanab now!!

Jon and Janice said...

I am so glad that you had a fun summer and I am so glad that you were able to get Joni and the kids to join in on some on the fun. Enjoy Utah, Janice

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

Hey Ash! I was so excited to see you sister-in-law! But sadly I changed teachers for the class because my favorite teacher was teaching it at a better time for me! I am SO excited that you will be moving to Cedar! Can we please hang out?! I would love to see you and be around your optimism again! It made my day when I heard you were moving back. I think I need to get your number though because mine has changed . . . again!