Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Fun Coming to an End :(

Well here we coming into our last week of summer out here in California. We are sad to see it come to an end but excited about what is to come in the future...except the winter in Utah:( We have had a wonderful summer with tons of fun. We will be packing up and heading home within the next 7 days but I am sure we will find some time to do a few more fun things before we leave. Here is an update on the recent happenings in our lives. We were lucky to have some visitors come see us last weekend. Shaye's mom and her husband came on Saturday and stayed until Sunday evening. It was a quick visit but we were glad they would come. They were already in Cali for other reasons and took a detour to see us:) We had an enjoyable time visiting, shopping and hanging out in San Francisco. Thanks for coming to see us, everyone knows we love to have visitors!
Here we are down at the Pier loving the beautiful flowers.
Here's Mike, Monica and Shaye enjoying the sights and sounds of the Pier. We had fun walking through all the shops, watching the funny sea lions and enjoying a delicious lunch!
I just thought this was funny, we were getting ready for a picture but I look like I'm watching something intently and Shaye looks like he is disgusted, silly us :)
Now that's better :)
One of my favorite things to do this summer was attend the Oakland Temple. It was only a short 20 minute drive away so I felt like I should go as often as I could. Turns out I have had a lot of free time so I went about every week (except when it was closed for cleaning for two weeks). It was always enjoyable and helped me feel like I was doing something good with my time.
I usually had someone to go with but last week I just went by myself, as you can see from the picture:) I laughed to myself wondering what others were thinking of me taking a picture of myself but it was just so beautiful that day I was loving it. I was in no hurry to get home so I walked around the grounds, which I must say are just beautiful! Then I decided to go in the visitors center and see the art display they had. I was so glad I did, the art was beautiful and the cute sister missionaries I talked to were so fun. I just wanted to stay there all day and be a missionary again. It was so fun sharing stories with them and feeling their excitement for the gospel, I love it!
Speaking of temples I forgot to post these pictures from our Seattle trip. On the way home we stopped in Portland to see the temple there. It is right off the freeway so we thought it would be a good place to take a little break since we had Mikkel and little Traj with us.
It was so beautiful as well and I couldn't believe how quiet it was back there even though it was not far from the freeway. You would have never known, it was tucked back in this little grove of trees, so perfect.
Trajen loved it there and was probably mostly glad to be out of the car and able to walk around. Here is Shaye and Traj both getting their wiggles out.
Now to top things off here are some pictures of our pool. I hadn't taken any pictures at the pool yet, which was surprising since we spend most of our time there:) Here is Traj and I having fun yesterday. He's getting to be a good little swimmer and loves jumping in the water.

I must say that the pool is not near as fun when I go by myself, it's always better with Traj :)
Goodbye pool, we will miss you :)

3 comments:

Hollie said...

what will we ever do without our pool....

Emily* said...

I loved this post! you and shaye are so cute i love it i know you are going to miss cali but i have missed you and i can not wait to spend some good quality time with my sisters!!!! so just remember you can come to grammys pool and it will be a blast!!!

katieandtckrueger said...

Hey Ashley! I was looking at Mikkel's blog and came across yours! I'm glad you have a blog so I can keep in touch and see how you are doing! I'm so glad I got to know you better, and hope to see you soon!
Katie