Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Time in Cedar

This is the first summer that Shaye and I have spent in Cedar City or even in Utah in many years. It is quite nice if you ask us and we are enjoying ourselves and making the most of it. Here are just a few of our most recent outings and activities.
I tagged a long with Shaye on a little fishing trip to Red Creek Reservoir last week. I'd never been up there and it was so so pretty. Prefect place for me. While Shaye fished I took a nice walk around the reservoir (because there was a bathroom on the other side:) then read a book and enjoyed the nice cool weather. This is Shaye from across the way waiting for the fish to bite.
Shaye and his new found friend Jason who are happy to be off work and out in the mountains:)
These two feel like they have to go fishing every week.

As we were leaving we got to see this beautiful sunset! We couldn't pass up the chance for a photo opt. I love this place, it's so beautiful!!!
To top things off that evening we headed over to the college where they were having the opening ceremonies for the Utah Summer Games. We made it just in time for the fireworks show and we were so glad we did. It was really the best fireworks show we have EVER seen! We have seen firework from many places in our travels like Chicago, Virginia Beach and San Francisco, but really these were really awesome! It also probably helped that we happen to get the best spot to watch them on the Church lawn across the street from the football stadium. We laid on the grass and it was literally like the fireworks were raining down on us. It was a wonderful summer night:)
Lastly this weekend Shaye went on a repelling trip with some guys from the Elders quorum. He had a great time and enjoyed trying something he'd never done before.
Here he goes over the cliff. When he got home he was soaking wet! He wasn't really prepared for that, nobody was. The guy that had been down there before said there would just be a little bit of water. Well . . . probably due to all the rain and snow we've had this year there was A LOT of water and they all ended up soaked.
Shaye said that it was awesome to repel under a waterfall, minus getting all wet, but he'd definitely do it again and said he loved every minute of it.
The most exciting thing that happened this weekend our crib came! I was so excited and totally not expecting it. I thought it would be a couple more weeks before it came so when I saw the UPS man coming I was so surprised. When Shaye got home we enjoyed putting it together and it's perfect!!
Here's Shaye just putting on the finishing touches. We are so excited for our little guy to come join us and sleep in his new bed. Now I can start putting his room together. I want to paint and things so now the fun begins! I must say that time has gone by so quickly for me. I can't believe I am into my last trimester! Time will probably slow down the more uncomfortable I get. I feel very blessed and my pregnancy has gone very well so far. I honestly don't have any complaints besides growing so large but even that is kind of neat knowing there is a little guy inside of me. I have been so lucky to feel really good so far. I hope and pray everything continues to go well. Now I feel our little guy moving around a lot, it's kind of a strange thing but I love it. It just makes me smile and I can't wait to meet him:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like some fun stuff you have been up to. Yea for the crib! I haven't seen you for too long! I've got to see that belly!!

Brant and Jana said...

Love the summer games fireworks! the crib makes it seem like it is coming so fast! can't wait to see you guys!

Hollie said...

I'm glad you liked the summer games fireworks. They are always amazing and way better than anywhere else. However I've been told by many that this year they weren't that good compared to precious years. So you'll have to check them out again. The crib is cute and that makes things so exciting. It seems to be going by fast. Hopefully things continue to go well for you.

Sarah Jimenez said...

Have fun decorating! That's always one of my favorite things to get ready for baby. Enjoy reading books and lounging outside while you can; that's one of the things I miss most. Now it's eyes peeled 24/7- where's this kid and what's this one doing =) I am glad that your pregnancy has gone so well. Just hope he comes a couple weeks early and you shouldn't get too uncomfortable.

Mikkel said...

Yes, seriously. Enjoy your time before he comes!!! (and Traj and Tav come home!) Read a book! Kick up your feet! Life will never be the same! But I think you know that from watching me, haha. Yea that your preg has been so great! Guess we are pretty lucky in that respect. I am crossing my fingers for your delivery.

Anonymous said...

Yayy thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. It's a scary world to bring kids into.

I love your crib - its is beautiful!! It will be perfect. I keep wanting to buy things for the baby - but we don't have any room so reid says i need to wait until August. It is driving me nuts!!