Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February Blahs

Winter has been slow to find us this year. We enjoyed a pretty pleasant January considering what it could've been like. It was nice but it got me wanting and getting ready for spring. Unfortunately now winter has found us and it seems to be here to stay for awhile! Since February has begun we have had a few big storms and since it seems we will be dealing with winter for awhile Peyton and I decided to make the most of it. One day after a big storm I decided that I would shovel the driveway and such so I got Peyt bundled up in his snow suit and we headed out. It turned out to be a great little project for us and Peyton loved being outside.
In fact Peyton was enjoying it so much I couldn't get him to look at me for a picture. He was to busy looking at the white stuff and trying to figure out what to do next!
He wouldn't venture out where I hadn't shoveled, which was good that way I could keep him contained and he wouldn't get into trouble:)
Other things we have been up to since we are stuck inside most of the day is Peyton has started enjoying playing in his room by himself sometimes. Which is really nice for me if I'm trying to get dinner ready or something. I always sneak up and peak at him every once in awhile to make sure he's not getting into trouble and this is what I usually find. His new favorite thing is to sit in the rocking chair by himself and look at books. It is just so adorable I had to come take a picture of him. He is getting so smart and in the past couple days has started trying to copy lots of new things we say. It is so crazy how they learn!
Still something he loves is putting on Dad's clothes. Shaye was taking off his church clothes one night and Peyt wanted to put them on. Peyton loves wearing things around his neck especially Shaye's work badge. Look at him he looks pretty proud of himself:)
We did enjoy a fun Valentines Day. Our great friends the Engle's came over and we enjoyed a good dinner and treats together. It was a great evening of celebrating love:)
The Engle's brought this great heart shaped pizza:)
I decided to make these yummy treats cause I thought they looked Valentines-ish. Plus they are super tasty:)
And last but not least, these are the pretty flowers Shaye got for me to enjoy for Valentines Day!