Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Birthday to Shaye

Another year has gone by and Shaye has turned 27!! Can't believe how quickly the years are going by and we just keep getting older. Sadly Shaye is still younger than me, I think somehow I thought he was going to catch up to me someday. It doesn't seem to be working that way, I keep getting older too! Well we had fun celebrating his birthday this year, here's what we did...
Peyton was excited to help open his present. He put more effort in than he did for all of Christmas, maybe he's starting to get the concept:)
We decided to head down to Vegas to celebrate and to visit Grandma Alta since Shaye had a couple days in a row off. We stopped at Great Grandpa Jackson's on the way and Peyton had a great time seeing all the animals. He has been really liking ducks lately and you'll always hear him quacking up a storm. So he was pretty excited to see this guy and it was hilarious to hear him quack at the duck.
Quack quack!
The weather was so so nice in Vegas we loved getting to sport our shades! Shaye and I couldn't stop laughing at Peyton in his sun glasses, it was to funny. He would leave them on forever and just looked like such a little stud muffin:)
Us at the Wynn hotel checking out the cool decorations for the Chinese new year.

I was worried Peyton was going to grab on and pull the whole dragon down...I'm happy to report that didn't happen.
Taking a break, I wished I had somewhere to lay down for a bit after walking a long ways. It cracks me up when he puts his legs up:)
We always have to visit BassPro Shops while there and Peyton loves it. There is this way cool fish tank and Peyt loved seeing all the fish plus there was a scuba diver in there feeding the sting rays and little sharks, pretty cool.
I don't know if I'm cool enough to hang out with these two!

I just can't get enough of these two good looking guys! Peyton was all about walking, he didn't want to ride in his stroller unless he was drinking his milk. Otherwise he wanted to be walking. Thinks he's getting so big he does:)
That evening Shaye and I got to go out on the town for a nice date after putting Peyton to sleep. It was so nice to get out and spend a nice evening together. Thanks to GG for staying home with Peyton! I couldn't get over these super pretty flower balls they had hanging from the ceiling. So pretty I want some for my house:)
We went back to the Wynn for their show Le Reve and it was totally awesome!! This was right before it started.
You can't take pictures during the show but it was really fabulous and hard to describe. It is all done in water, this is after the show but there was diving, synchronized swimming, dancing and lots of special effects.
Thanks for taking me on such a nice date Shaye:)
I loved these flower things, so cool! All in all we had a great time and a fun way to celebrate Shaye's birthday and have a mini vacation!! Now we are back home and it is cold! The day after we got home it snowed like 6 inches or more, I think I'm ready for another trip:)

2 comments:

mandmrus said...

plus a great dinner with Bransen, Mom, Mike, Ashley, and Peyton

Ashley Jackson said...

Yes we had a great dinner with all of you! Thanks again:)