Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Brown Family Reunion 2012

We had an eventful time in Kanab enjoying the Brown Family Reunion this past weekend. It is something we always look forward to and it never disappoints. I think I have said it before that we have been having a reunion every summer for as long as I can remember. It is just with my Dad's immediate family but there are nine children so now the family has grown to 81! I think we had about 75 people there so it was a full house! I was really sad when we got there and I realized that I had forgotten the camera so all of these pictures were taken on Shaye's iphone, so sorry that the quality isn't great.
 So we meet again Mr. Puppy! Peyton's favorite part of the whole thing was hanging out with his best buddy, Tank the puppy. I know I have told about Peyton's great love for puppies and it gets stronger everyday it seems and funnier to watch him interact with them too.
 He is not scared one bit and will get right down there in his face and repeatedly say puppies, puppies! Until the poor dog wants to bite him just so he'll stop saying it:) He didn't get that from his momma, she is such a wimp and I don't know why. When I think about the dog I am just fine and I'm like, it's no big deal it's so small. But then when it comes towards me I am like no no don't touch me and I am so awkward.
 This visit Tank seemed to like Peyton better and tolerate his presence. I think he was happy to have someone to play with.
 Here's Brandon and the boys during some of the reunion activities. Sadly it was somehow cold and windy in Kanab this weekend so we spent most of the reunion at the church. Brandon loves hanging out with the nephews and they love playing with Uncle Brandon!
 More puppy time! Seriously it was pretty funny to watch him with Tank. He loved sitting in Tank's little bed with him. Sadly I think it made Tank mad and the rest of the day Tank was fighting with his bed and sitting in it upside down. I don't know if he could smell Peyton or something he kept sniffing it and he was very unhappy with it. Sorry Tank hopefully his smell will wash out so you can enjoy your bed again:) It was so funny though to watch Peyton while Brandon was getting Tank to do a few tricks. Brandon would tell Tank to jump and Tank would start jumping and Peyton would try to jump too but he couldn't figure out how to get both feet off the ground. Seriously it was so funny. Then Brandon told Tank to sit and Peyton looked at him for a second and then slowly sat down. Ha ha it was so funny, he can be trained! I'll have to have Brandon and Tank potty train Peyton I'm sure he'd do it for them:)
 Peyton had fun playing with Brittany's boys, Blake and Bridger. They stayed at my parents house with us so we had lots of fun. They were loving tub time with the bubbles! Blake is such a cutie and always call Peyton, baby Peyton and want him to do stuff with him, so fun to have cousins to play with!
 We enjoyed a great dinner and fun in Grandma and Grandpas backyard. Peyton's favorite was when I would pull him around in the red wagon. There was a blanket in there and he would just lay back and enjoy the ride.
 Another great thing that came of this weekend is that Peyton and Tavin have decided to be friends!! It is so funny, they have never got along so well but suddenly they have decided to put aside their differences and be friends:) It was so funny to watch them play together and chase each other all over. Tavin would come and take his hand and they would walk down the hall. So glad they can have fun together now.
 Shaye and Jerron were keeping track of them and they ran off in the church and they found them sitting on the stand, looks like they are ready to speak in church:)
 One of the activities of the reunion was that we built a fire pit in my grandparents backyard. It is great and everyone enjoyed roasting marshmallows and telling stories around the fire.
 Monday morning we all ventured out on a hike. If anyone saw us all leaving my parents house they would have really wondered where all of those people were headed as about 50 people headed up into the mountains. Here are a bunch of the happy hikers on the K on the hill.
 One more fun picture of play time with the dog and Uncle Brandon. The reunion was great and we are so glad we could spend time with so many people we love. Can't wait til next year:)
Here's a bonus picture from today. This is Kinley, our neighbors daughter that I watch several days a week. She is just learning to walk and Peyton likes to hold her hand and help her walk around the house. It is pretty funny and pretty darn cute!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so fun to see you all! I loved looking at the pictures of Peyton with Tank and just thinking about how funny he was! It looks like we missed out on a bunch from leaving the reunion early. I am sad about that, but glad you all had fun.

Jonathon and Amanda said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Too bad we missed out! Love your glasses!