Thursday, July 12, 2012

Independence Day


July is here and it is always one of the funnest and busiest months of the year! We love all the fun and family time. We enjoyed a great 4th of July this week in beautiful Kanab. It really is a great place on the 4th and if you haven't been here you should come:) It is full of small town fun and it is just the most beautiful setting and this year the weather was perfect! It was a little cloudy so not at hot as usual so we could really enjoy all the time outside. Things started out on Tuesday evening for us when I got to flash back to high school and enjoy my ten year class reunion. I really can't believe it has been ten years! Time goes by so fast and it was so fun to see everyone and be reminded of so many memories and see what people are up to these days. I got to visit with some of my very best friends from high school that I haven't seen in years and it was great!
Katy and Joni, my very best high school friends. I love these girls and love that even though I haven't seen either of them for a few years we just seem to pick up where we left off and it isn't weird. We have all changed but yet we are still the same and I just loved seeing them and wish I got to see them more. It was such a fun night and I am so glad I was able to attend!

 The next morning Shaye, Emily and my mom did the fun run. I wanted to do it but forgot to bring tennis shoes. But they all had a great time and Shaye got first in his age division and 3rd over all! Peyton was so proud:)
 Everyone with their winning ribbons.
 Peyton and Grammy ready for the parade to start.
 Peyton loved his flag he got from one of the floats passing by.
 Dad was teaching him how to chase after the candy!
 Peyton got a sucker for him and Grandpa Larry and he got a pretty sweet necklace.
 After the parade we headed over to the park for all the festivities there. They had a dunking booth and Shaye jumped at the chance to dunk Trevor Stewart, the high school counselor. Shaye got two throws and it would be his luck that he hit it both times and down he went! It was pretty funny no one had got him in yet so everyone had a good laugh.
Trevor was a good sport and he was even sporting an old basketball uniform with the nice short shorts! I took the picture to soon and this was right before he fell in.
Peyton had a blast playing at the park swinging and going down the slides. His cousin Joey was so nice to play with him and Peyton just followed him around and wanted him to do everything with him.

In the evening we had a great BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa Brown's house. It was a great time as always, the  food, the company and the weather was perfect!! Peyton had a blast playing in the backyard and getting so much attention from everyone! Morgan was teaching him how to do a slam dunk. He could have done this for hours it seemed.

Peyt and uncle Nate are best buds and Peyton had a great time following him around. 
Pretty cute kids I'd say!
Peyton didn't quite get the purpose of the sparkler. He was trying to blow it out the whole time. It was pretty funny, kind of like how funny I look in the picture!
Me and Jen enjoying the 4th and so happy she is home with us!!
Emily, Nate and Peyt enjoying the late evening entertainment at the park before the firework show. Peyton loves his auntie and uncle.
Loves for dad:) Happy 4th of July!!




1 comment:

Hollie said...

Oh I love small town 4th of july's. Looks like a blast! I missed sparklers this year. I didn't buy any. :( Glad you had a great time. :)