Tuesday, September 25, 2012

5 years down...

Shaye and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary a couple weeks ago. We have never really done anything special for our anniversary just the usually dinner out and that was it. So this year we decided to get a way for the weekend and we had a wonderful time! Jen was nice enough to stay home with Peyton so we really could enjoy a weekend away. We went up north and enjoyed some peaceful shopping and then a delicious dinner at Tucanos that evening. It really was such a fun evening. I felt young again without worrying about Peyton and just enjoying dinner and the fun date night atmosphere as we walked around the River Woods area. We really had a delightful time I must say:) 
The next day we got to go and fulfill one of Shaye's dreams. For some reasons as long as I can remember he has been saying he wants to go horseback riding. So when he found out that my brother Brandon's girlfriend Jessica had access to horses he asked her if we could come ride them. Jessica and her dad were nice enough to let him live his dream, haha:) We had a great time up in the hills and did some horseback riding and roasted some pretty tasty hotdogs and Shaye was happy!
Happy 5 years to us!! Can't believe how the time is flying by!
I loved that the leaves had started changing colors, it was so pretty!!
Cowboy Shaye, he just needs a hat!:)
Didn't know if he was going to come back he was so happy to be riding off. He said he and the horse were one.
Looks like a natural to me!
We went for a nice ride together.

Riding off into the sunset. 
Here's to 5 more years...and then forever more! Love you Shaye!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like such a fun anniversary. Horseback riding is one of my "dreams" too, so I am a bit jealous!