Tuesday, February 5, 2013

January Review

January is usually a really slow month for me but this year it actually went by pretty quickly. Life is very busy for us so I guess that makes time go by fast. I am very much looking forward to spring and summer so I hope these winter months continue to go by quickly!!
Shaye decided to volunteer us to babysit a puppy for a weekend. It was fun the first day and Peyton had fun with it but even he was fine when the puppy had to go home:) She was cute and I was actually surprised how much I liked her at first but by the second day I had come to my senses and remembered why I do not want a dog:)
Peyton is growing up so much and becoming quite independent, or at least he would like to be. He is always telling me he wants to do things by himself and he is getting pretty good at getting dressed and following short instructions. Love this sweet boy!
We took a quick trip up north with Shaye when he had to go to classes at Weber. While Shaye was at school Peyton and I met up with my dear friend Katy and her kids at the Children's Museum in Salt Lake. Peyton had a blast with all of the cool toys and neat things to do. This is him and Sawyer hanging out in the tree house.
Peyton loves to play puppies and pretend he is a puppy so when he found this little dog house he was thrilled! He fit perfectly inside:)

This place was pretty cool and had lots of cool blocks and different things to build with.  Peyton loves to build towers and knock them over so he can say, "Oh no! My tower!"
This was by far the best attraction there for Peyton it was so funny to watch him. Up on the roof they have a helicopter that they can sit in and it makes noises like it is starting and going to take off. Peyton was frozen in place and the look on his face was priceless. I am pretty positive that he actually thought they were moving. He sat there like this for five minutes not moving a muscle, so funny!

After awhile he relaxed and I think figured out it was not moving and him and Sawyer climbed in the front to pilot the flight. Scary thought having these crazy boys fly something around. They had so much fun and could have stayed out there all day!!
Our main reason for going up north was to be with Shaye since it was his BIRTHDAY!! We celebrated again on Saturday with a little birthday party with some family and friends. 
Peyton was really excited to help daddy blow out the fire:)
Happy Birthday to Shaye!!!
Peyton got a great surprise on Sunday when our old neighbors came by to visit us for a little while. Peyton was so excited when someone knocked on the door and I told him it would be Kinley. He threw down what he was doing and took off running for the door. They are so darn cute together it makes me so sad they don't live next door anymore.
Peyton was trying to take her all over and play with toys and he also wanted her to come up to his room to jump in his bed. He must have remembered they used to do that. So funny to watch them interact, what little cuties!!

No comments: