Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Summer Life

It's now been a week or so since our arrival to California and we are all settled in. Shaye is busy back working hard everyday and I am enjoying the summer life:) I'm not going to get a job out here this year since I came out later and we will only be here for about six more weeks. So lucky for me my sister Mikkel is here and I can hang out with her and Trajen and it seems that our days go by quickly and we are always doing something. It has been great and we have already done some fun things. 
Last Saturday a bunch of us wives took a trip to the Oakland Temple, which is only like 20 minutes away from our house. We had a great time. I want to go every week! I really should at least that would be something good and productive I would be doing.
The temple is located up on a hill with an awesome view! There is an over look where you can see the whole city. This is all of us wives in front of the over look, so you really can't see it.
So that is the city in the distance but you really can't tell from the picture:)
Here we are in front of the temple. Me, Whitney, Ashley, Hollie, Mikkel and Christine.
That weekend the whole office got to go to a baseball game in San Fran. It was a fun game and the Giants won! It was a beautiful day surprisingly, everyone thought it would be really cold cause it had been all week. We were pleasantly surprised, it was prefect!
After the game Shaye and I decided to see a few sights since we were already down town. We went down to the Pier and walked around in the different shops. It was so crowded so we didn't stay there very long. We did see the bushman though. If any of you have been to San Fran you have probably seen the man that hides behind a bush and scares people for fun and some people give him money. It's so funny to me cause this is like this guys career. I saw him there doing the same thing like 3 years ago when I came with some friends and he is still here! I wonder how much money he makes sitting there scaring people? There was also a cat guy with a sign that said "Pet my cat for $1." And people actually do it, crazy! Anyways, here we are in front of the Golden Gate Bridge. We are having fun in California!

5 comments:

Hollie said...

glad your out here now. It's been fun to hang out. I agree. I wanna go to the temple more. We should go together! :)

Kassi said...

That is one of my favorite temples! I just love it! Looks like you are having fun! Summer is the best! :)

Angie said...

Your pictures take me back about 3 years!! haha. Every pic you put on this post I was thinking, "Yep, been there--to that exact spot!" The bush man and everything!:) Have fun!

Oh, and doesn't the bay area weather just KILL you? It's summertime and I swear it's cold there as often as it is warm!

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

I am so glad you're having fun! It looks beautiful out there! We miss you guys though! Come back soon!

aaron and joni said...

Hey ash :O)

I sent you an email a few days ago...I'm hoping you got it. If not (check your hotmail:O)...I left my number, and I really hope to hear from you. I don't have your number, and I'd really like to get together since you are SO close :O)
sly