Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Enjoying the Outdoors

Lately we have been taking full advantage of the nice weather we have had and done some fun things outdoors. First off a few weeks ago we went on a fun hike up to the Kanarraville Falls. I had never been up there and it was beautiful! Thanks to Brooke and Mace for inviting us it was great!
Here's a beautiful view up the canyon.
The hike goes along this little stream and some of the time you have to walk through the water. I had got these awesome water socks when we were in Hawaii and would highly recommend them to anyone going on any type of water hike:)
Shaye loved looking for alternative routes along the way:)

Here we ALL are climbing up the little wood ladder. I must say I am glad that it didn't break on us.
So beautiful! I just love this area!
Shaye braved the freezing cold water to take the plug down the waterfall slide. And yes, he said it was absolutely FREEZING cold!

Our next adventure we went on a little weekend camping trip with some friends down to the sand dunes. It was a great spot and much warmer than any place around here, it was great fun.
Here is our nice sleeping setup. We love our awesome blow up mattress my parents gave us that fits so perfectly around the wheel wells. It is so genius and we slept great! Then we have our nice shade trap that goes over the top like a tent to keep out the little bugs and such. I was quite proud of myself because I set it all up by myself while Shaye was looking for firewood:)
Here's Shaye the mighty camper:)
The next day we went on a fun 4-wheeler ride and hiked down to the Indian pictographs. Here is just one of the many beautiful views we saw along the way. I love fall with all the pretty colors.
Here's J.R., Jana, Whitney, Chris and Shaye admiring the Indian drawings.
I have much more that I need to get caught up on but it seems I am always falling behind. Hopefully I will get a chance to do another update soon:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I remember your awesome, back-up-the truck, camping set-up! I love it! We need to go camping together again!

Brant and Jana said...

So fun! Very cute pictures! Traj is so big!