Saturday, October 3, 2009

Recent Happenings

Hello everyone! I am falling behind once again. My days go by so quickly and I have to many things I want to do that I never get to it all. Blogging has been one of the things that seems to always be put off. So here I am trying to catch up a bit. We have been staying busy and enjoying life. We are loving our new home and the fun of decorating and having our own place. Here are a few of the other fun things we have been up too.
First of all, Shaye is so excited and I am so grateful that Shaye got a deer last week!!! Shaye is excited because, well he loves hunting and I am grateful because now he can be done hunting for this year!! I am also grateful because now we have meat for the winter:)
Shaye was all by himself when he got this deer so he took this picture of himself, pretty good I'd say:)

Another fun thing we have been able to do is attend my brother Brandon's football games at Snow College. It has been fun to see him back out on the field and enjoy the fun football atmosphere and spend time with our family.
That is Brandon on the left #24, go Brandon!
This game was last Saturday and it was surprisingly a VERY hot day! Luckily Shaye and I accidentally got there a half hour early, (we thought it started at one and it really started at 1:30:) It turned out to be a good thing cause we were able to snag a seat in the very small corner that had some shade. Here's Callie and I enjoying the game in our little square of shade:)
Here we are with Brandon after the game. We love to cheer for our family and this game our cheering must have paid off, they won!
I don't think anyone enjoys coming to the football games more than Nate. He loves to cheer, yell and try to whistle:) Here he is trying out Brandon's helmet. We should send Nate out there I don't think they could catch him, he's pretty fast! Well that's it for the update for now. Life is good and we are so blessed.

7 comments:

Hollie said...

Looks like fall is here. Football and hunting. Good times. You look super cute in your pics!

Amanda P. said...

I didn't know Brandon plays football at Snow. Good for him!! I bet it is fun to watch him play :) You guys are looking good n happy!!!

Mikkel said...

Looks like you found something to do while Traj and Shaye were off your hands :)

Unknown said...

Yea for the deer, and having your hubby back home!

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Good job to Shaye on the dear!! And that is so cool you get to watch your brothers football games. To bad we haven't got to catch eachother in good old Manti and Ephraim! And tell Calli I said hi! That's cool that they are still dating!
ps- we might take you up on your offer when we're in Cedar..we need to come soon but we keep putting it off because we hate the long drive :S

Richins Family said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Hey, my mom gave me some papers a while back with things for 1st graders. Anyways, I have finally gone through them since Mason is in Kindergarten and I found a book that Shaye made. It's cute. I thought you might want it. Are you still in Cedar? I want to get it to you!

Zac & Kenz said...

Hey looks like you guys have had lots of fun. We are glad you are back in town. We need to come check out your new sweet home. KIT our blog is engleswhomingle.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!!!