Sunday, December 20, 2009

Babysitting and New Baby

As many of you know my sister Mikkel had her sweet new baby boy this past week. It has been so exciting and we have enjoyed every minute with this new addition. Shaye and I were also lucky that we got to help out with our little nephew Trajen for a couple days. Here are some pictures of all our fun times this weekend.
Luckily Traj was actually excited and happy to stay at our house. He's always happy as long as he has three things, Lightening McQueen, Best Buddy and Lovie.
Here we are trying to make crazy faces at the camera. Traj is much better at it than I am. This kid knows just how to melt my heart, and he knows it! I love it when he calls me Ash! He helped me wrap presents and fold laundry and when I would do something that he thought was cool he would say, "Good job Ash!" He is just the sweetest. At one point her cleared out a dresser drawer in my room and told me he wanted to put his clothes in there. You can some stay any time Traj:)
We enjoyed some good dinners together. He was a great helper when making dinner and he was a great eater too!
This is probably Trajen's favorite thing, hanging out with Shaye. Here they are probably watching some football and just living the good life:)
Last but not least me and my new precious little nephew! I can't tell you how much I love this little guy already. I love to just sit and look at his perfect little face, he is so sweet! He and Mikkel have quite the story to tell about his exciting delivery. We are so happy that Mikkel and the new baby are doing so well and we just love them both!! So glad that we live close so we were able to help out at this very exciting time.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

You should get the aunt of the year award. How fun for Traj to hang out with you guys. I really do wish I had nieces and nephews. (that lived close) And your new nephew is so precious. I too could hold him all day. They are straight from heaven and it's awesome. Congrats to you guys.

Unknown said...

You will make such a great mom some day, because you are such a great aunt! I'm so excited to come see that sweet little baby. He is cute!

Mikkel said...

You definitely get Aunt of the Year Award!!!!! Traj and I both love you so so much. Thank you for just taking care of Traj and so much more so that I didn't even have to worry. It's nice to have someone that you can trust like I trust you. I am so lucky!!!!

ps. that picture of Traj and Shaye made me laugh. Glad he feels so at home over there (as long as he is willing to come back to his mommy...:)