Saturday, March 13, 2010

Our Big Announcement

We are so excited to announce that Shaye and I are expecting our first little baby on September 12th!! We have finally told all of our family so we can share this exciting news with everyone. We have kind of told people slowly over the past few weeks. We had some birthdays in our family's so we thought that would be a fun way to tell some of them. I must say it is much easier to just come out and say it cause sometimes people don't catch on to your creativity...for instance my family:)
So here was our first announcement. It was Nathan and Emily's birthday a couple weeks ago and we were with my family to celebrate. So I thought this would be fun I'll make a shirt for Nate that says World's Best Uncle. (Actually it was Mikkel's idea:) Anyways so I did and thought everyone would get it since it was from me and Shaye and we currently don't have any kids. I had also written in the card that it was from Ashley, Shaye and New Baby. Well Nate opened it and was excited about the shirt and put it right on proudly and everyone was like oh that's nice Nate's the best, but they didn't get it. Nate had pulled out the card but he handed it to my Grandpa who sent it aside. Finally Mikkel got the card and read it out loud. When she read the new baby my mom finally got it and started getting all excited and I looked over at my dad who was still just starring off in space oblivious to what had just happen. Finally my mom said "Matt did you hear that, Ashley is going to have a baby!" So needless to say ten minutes later everyone was finally all on the same page:)
Oh good times it is really funny now and everyone is very excited!:)
Next it was Shaye's sister Jennica's birthday so we thought we'll try it again. We had Jenn and her roommates over for dinner and gave her a gift and in the card it said from Shaye, Ashley and New Baby! Well her and her roommates were much quicker to catch on. This is Jenn's face right after she had read the card and heard the news. She was way excited!
We are glad that Jenn lives so close so we can see her often. These are her roommates Annie and Aspen.
So Happy Birthday again to Jenn. After we got back from our cruise we were able to spread the good news to all of our family and we are happy that everyone is so excited! I feel lucky because I haven't been sick at all and I'm feeling good. I'm tired, hungry and slowly growing around the waist, but I feel great! We will find out in 3 weeks or so if it is a boy or a girl and we can't wait! Look below on the next post for pictures from our cruise.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! How funny. I am due the same day as you!!!
YOur cruise looked amazing. We went on one for our honey moon and I'm ready to go again. Maybe in a couple years.
=)

Kate Nally said...

I'm so excited for you!!! And I'm so glad you're feeling well :) Let us know when you find out if it's a boy or girl!

Hollie said...

Ashley...once again. So excited for you guys. I'm glad you posted so now I can talk to scott about it. :) Your cruise looks like so much fun. Especially as I look out my window and watch the hail/snow blowing around. The whale picture is sweet. I would love to go whale watching. Anyway Congrats.

Cando said...

Yay!! That is SO exciting! I was going to ask when you were going to expand your family!! I hope all goes well! Give Shaye a high five for me :)

Malinda S. said...

Congrats! Can't wait to find out what you are having....

Taylors said...

Yay for babies!! I am so excited for you guys! What a lucky little baby to be coming to such wonderful parents!!! Glad to hear you aren't sick!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! =)

Brooke said...

Congrats! Glad to hear you are feeling good. i am very excited for you.

Kanani said...

Congrats Ash and Shaye! We are very excited for you. September is a very busy month at house for bdays etc.

Loved the cruise photos too. We are going on one for Spring Break. We are very excited. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is sooo exciting! You two are going to be great parents! I predict it is a girl!!! :)

Jonathon and Amanda said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting.

katieandtckrueger said...

That's sooo exciting! Congratulations- we're so happy for you both!

Brant and Jana said...

You guys Rock! love, love that it takes everyone a while to catch on! We are really excited for you!

Ly + Alan said...

Yay! Congrats, I'm so happy for you guys -- I know you'll be AWESOME parents. I'm excited to hear what you guys are having =)

Kassi said...

Congrats Ash and Shaye! I am so excited for you guys! You will make beautiful babies :)

Natalie Puikkonen said...

Sounds typical for the family! So happy for you two. Big changes are coming your way. Your cruise looked great too, wish I could have been there!

Emily and Casey Hansen said...

YAYYYY!!! Ash I about started crying when I read this haha! I am so excited for you guys!! You will be the best parents! Congrats!