Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Project Done

So one of the projects we wanted to get done this summer was to finish our backyard. I can't believe how quickly the summer has gone by and it is the end of July and we have FINALLY got our backyard put in! We are so excited with how it turned out and it was really fun to watch it transform from a dirt pile and lots of weeds to a beautiful yard. Here are the results...
Before...

...and after!
We are already loving it and look forward to spending lots of time outside. Shaye did a lot of work deciding just how he wanted it to look and drawing up very detailed plans:) We had some landscapers come and do the curbing and rock work around the outside but Shaye prepared, leveled and put down the sod. Thanks to our neighbors and friends that came and helped us lay the grass down it looks great! I'm so happy to have it down especially since we've been saying we were going to get it down this summer, now we can check that off our list:)

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Yay!! It looks so nice. I'm excited to come see it soon. I'm sad I'm missing your shower next week. Hope you have so much fun though!!

Brant and Jana said...

It looks great! you are so ready for a kid!

Malinda S. said...

Looks fabulous! Good work Shaye! Are you guys in Cedar? If so, next visit to St. G we should get together with a group of Kanabites for a BBQ or something.

Staci said...

I am soooooo jealous! I have wanted a backyard since last summer (when we moved into our new house)! Too bad we have some old barns that are still being used and will have to be torn down! One thing you will realize is that babies love to be outside (all day if you will let them) and a fenced backyard is coveted by mothers! It looks beautiful and so do you!

Steph Smith said...

Hi! I'm so sad I missed your shower! I heard it was such a good time and you got lots of cute stuff! I really missed out, I was looking forward to seeing everyone! I can't wait to see you guys! Congratulations!