Sunday, July 25, 2010

Brown Family Reunion

This past weekend is one that I have been looking forward to all summer!! It was the annual Brown Family Reunion! We have a reunion every summer but I haven't been able to attend for several years because we are usually gone in the summer. So I was especially excited to be there this year. Growing up the Brown Family Reunion was something we always looked forward to and wouldn't miss it for anything! As usual all the activities took place in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard and it was great! There are tons of pictures to follow so enjoy...
As always we had many great meals, here's everyone at the kick off dinner Friday night.
Look at these cute kids enjoy the good life:)
Friday evening my "best friend" cousin, Brittany and her mom my wonderful Aunt Tye put together a super cute and fun baby shower for me.
Of course some good treats:)
Thank's to Brittany and Tye for such a great party, they are so nice to me.

It was also the 24th of July weekend. Here is everyone enjoying the parade.
Tavin was loving life and everyone was loving him. He is just the happiest, smiliest little baby and you can't resist those kissable cheeks:)
I just love this pictures of Nate, I told him to smile and this is what he gave me...are you bored Nate?
Everyone enjoying our visit from the parade clown, she is the best clown around.
My Dad was even in the parade, looking good Dad:)
Back to Grandma's for fun and games in the backyard. Here's Emily, Tye and me getting ready for some serious competition.
These guys started making up there own games, noodle sword fights.
This was the ultimate water balloon toss, great fun.
This was the funniest game, the Oreo eating contest. You had to get the Oreo from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands. It was quite funny to watch and some of us were really good at it. Kristi got as you can see.
It takes serious concentration.
Tye, me and Brittany doing some finger weaving making some bracelets. I should have got a picture of Shaye he found a hidden skill for finger weaving. He was loving it and got so good at it that he was making bracelets for many of the kids. If you'd like one just contact Shaye, he's taking orders:)
And then it was time for the pool! Here's Mikkel and Traj enjoying a run down the slide.
Brittany and Blake's turn.
Here's Shaye playing some basketball with the boys. We only had one casualty. Unfortunately Brandon wasn't even in the pool 5 minutes when he went up to block a shot and cut his head open on the basketball hoop. He ended up getting 14 stitches in his forehead and the top of his nose.
Em's and Traj enjoying the good times.
As you can see everyone kept playing basketball after Brandon's fatality but they were a little more careful:)
Love these three
Shaye and Brant serving up ice cream before the fireworks show.

I had to put this picture on. Tavin's big blue eyes and chubby cheeks are so lovable. I'm so glad they came home for the week. We had such a wonderful weekend and I am still feeling tired. I love getting together with family, now the count down begins for next year:)

6 comments:

Mikkel said...

Fun post! Good times!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Great post! Next year, you'll have your sweet baby there! Crazy how fast it goes! You are so cute preggers! I hope everything continues to go well for you.

Kate Nally said...

What a fun weekend! And you are seriously the cutest pregnant woman ever! You'll have to tell me where you shop because I have maybe 1 item of cute maternity clothes...hope you're still feeling well!

Brant and Jana said...

We so loved seeing everyone, and had a blast I'm leaving your real gift at Grandma's Thursday night you won't need it until an Halloween but you'll know where it is!

McKay Brown said...

I love that face Nate is giving you at the parade. Too funny. It was a blast to see you and Shaye and you are amazing--hiking up the trail and all. Can't wait to see fun pictures of your new little one.

Chelsea said...

This looks like a bomb reunion! What fun!
(& the pic of Tavin and you is sooo cute.)