Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let Freedom Ring

Yes we had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! We were pretty excited since we hadn't spent a 4th of July in Kanab for several years, well for Shaye it had been 6 years since he'd enjoyed a Kanab 4th. Before we headed to Kanab we were a little worried that we were going to be disappointed because of all the hype we were giving the 4th in Kanab. Well luckily we weren't disappointed and we had a fabulous weekend! The best part of all was spending time with family and running into old friends. Here are some pictures to give a run down of the holiday activities.
Here we are ready and excited for the parade to start but the morning had started much earlier for Shaye as he volunteered to help his dad at 4:30 am to get the roast ready and cook all day for the park BBQ. Though you cant see it he also managed to singe the hair off his leg, arm, eyebrow, and even a little off his head. But I am so proud of him because instead of coming home he ran in the Annual Fun Run in Kanab and even got 2nd place in his age division. He wanted to soak up every bit of fun he possibly could, and he did! As for the parade it was pretty good this year, my favorite part was hiding on the side of the building with Nate from the fire trucks that were spraying water. As soon as Nate saw them coming he was out of there, he knew what they were up to and I was quick to follow him:)
After the parade we headed up to the park to enjoy the booths, food and fun. Shaye was a good sport hanging out with all us girls.
That evening we enjoyed a yummy BBQ in Grandma Brown's back yard. All the kids were enjoying a great game of backyard baseball, here is Grandpa Brown getting in on the fun. I think he hit the ball into the garden, go Grandpa!!
Now they are playing some football, their was much fun had by all.
We even got to celebrate Mom and Jana's birthday with this very yummy cake that aunt Kristi made, plus it is very cute and festive:)
Brant broke out some sparklers to get us excited for the fireworks coming up. Here's Shaye and Heath doing some sparkler spinning tricks.
Well this didn't work out as planned Brandon's sparkler went out right when I took the picture, oh well:) We enjoyed more fun times at Grandma's house on Sunday. After dinner of course there were more back yard baseball and football games. Then we enjoyed a play, courtesy of Rianne and her recruits. It's so funny cause Rianne reminds me so much of myself when I was young, I was always the one making people watch my shows and making others participate in my plays. I know Brittany always reminds me how I made her sing in one of my plays in front of the whole family. Sorry Brittany, glad you are still willing to be my friend:)
When it got dark we headed out to my parent to enjoy the fireworks show that Shaye and the boys put on for us. Shaye was loving life:)

Here's everyone enjoying such a fun evening together. I loved the 4th of July and it was a wonderful weekend. I am grateful to be an American and hope that everyone was able to enjoy this great holiday and think about how blessed we are to be Americans!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I didn't know you blogged! Im so excited, I've read through a bunch of your posts and I have a few things to say!!! 1st CONGRATS on the pregnancy! That is so exciting, you look so adorable, and i love the pic @ Pugh's with the belly in the pic! I loved that hike, it's been years since I have gone!! 2nd, Girls camp looked so fun, It acutally looked alot like the camps when I was in YW's. I love that, most of the camping I see is so un-camping. (one year here in LV they actually went to a hotel and then to the beach in CA!) 3rd, Manti looked beautiful, The show is amazing if I remember correctly, and I think that now I am older, I better go again! 4th The crib is beautiful! 5th, I love that you have been "camping" or whatever righ toff your parents place, that is such a great idea, I might have to do that type of thing when I go back to Kanab, cause my kids could handle a near-home hike, not so much a big event!
I could go on, and on, but instead--- the birthday party looks fun, the part when Nate realized what the belly means made me smile! That is so great, and that he pulled a Pic out, even cooler!
Anyhow, Im so glad you blog! Thanks for sharing! LOVE it.

Mikkel said...

Ha that's funny about Brittany singing in your play. Good times. Looks like u had fun in kanab! See ya soon!

Unknown said...

Wish I could have been there in Kanab for the 4th! Sounds like tons of fun. Can't wait to see you soon, hopefully you won't force me into any singing plays!!

Brant and Jana said...

4th of July in Kanab was the best! It was so great to see you guys! Now I'm getting way too excited for the reunion!

Ashley J said...

Aw that looks like so much fun! How I miss good ol' Kanab 4th's. :) By the way...your belly is looking very cute :) Yay!

Kenzie said...

You guys are so cute! It looks like you had so much fun. I love the 4th. It doesn't get much better than the 4th of July. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sparklers looks like so much fun! We always did those when we were little. We caught a few fireworks displays as we were driving around but didn't think ahead enough to go anyways. You look so cute! =)

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-masker-brand-lokal-yang-bagus/