Thursday, March 17, 2011

My own Suzzy Homemaker

This week has been so nice. Shaye has been home with Peyton all week cause it was his spring break. It was so nice to not worry about babysitters and such. But even better this week Shaye really took to being a busy little homemaker. On Monday when I got home he had cleaned out the garage and organized. Then yesterday he cleaned out and organized the pantry which looks SO great I must say, I was so pleased. Then while I was home for lunch he said he needed to go to the grocery store because he had decided he was going to make cookies. He found a recipe on-line and wanted to try it:) Well I think Shaye has discovered a new talent, when I arrived home from work I found Shaye and Peyton in the kitchen baking cookies. And the cookies, well they are probably the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had! Plus if you know Shaye he is somewhat of a perfectionist and they are the best looking chocolate chip cookies I have ever seen! They are all perfectly proportionate and golden brown. I have been teasing him all night and calling him Betty Crocker but really I was quite impressed. Plus I will never complain about his help around the house, it is very much appreciated! If you don't believe me about the cookies just check the pictures below:)
Did I mention he made 6 dozen cookies!! Yeah we have a lot. He had them nicely placed on this towel with another towel over the top, keeping them warm you know:) This is Betty's little side kick, he seemed to be enjoying it just as much as Dad.
My two partners in crime, love them both:) Seriously though aren't those some pretty cookies, we should have a bake sale.
Also it was St. Patrick's Day!! I had to get a picture of Peyt is his festive shirt. His great aunt Jana gave him this shirt and it is her favorite holiday. I must say he does look stinking cute in green.
This face cracks me up!
Here are a few other pictures of whats been happening around here. This is Peyton and his friend Jerzi Engle enjoying their first play time together.
Shaye took Peyton to watch the Cedar baseball game this week. First time out in a baseball cap, looks like he's ready to join the team.
It has been pretty nice this past week or so. Last weekend Peyt and I ventured out on our first walk of the season. It was great and I can't wait til it warms up more so we can go everyday!
Also last weekend we were able to attend Shaye's step brother, Brendan's wedding. It was very nice and always fun to see family and friends.
Congrats to Brendan and Sage the new married couple!
Here's the old married couple:)
Me and Emily. Always fun to see little Em's:)
The two handsomest dudes there!
Fun times. Oh did I mention that my little baby turned 6 months this week! Oh my he is growing up so fast! He is really starting to figure out how to move around it's so crazy! He loves to play on his tummy and has started to pull his legs under and is getting really strong pushing up on his arms. He doesn't like to hold still. I think he's got a tooth making it's way through which isn't so fun, makes our happy boy sad:( I just can't believe he's half a year old! Time goes by so quickly! We love you little Peyton!

10 comments:

Mikkel said...

He is looking a lot older in the pics. Love the one of him in green and in the stroller, so cute!

Emily* said...

Wow I am super impressed with Mr. Shayeman! haha He would make perfect cookies:) loved the post. Your little family is just the cutest!

Unknown said...

What a guy Shaye is!! Peyton is so cute! I can't believe all the things he is starting to do!

Taylors said...

Very good Shaye! You can ship some of the extra cookies my way :) Peyton is getting so big! What standing already too!!!

Ashley Jackson said...

If your name is Jerron or McKay please ignore this post.
Shaye

Kate Nally said...

Um, Please share the recipe! After I read this I decided I HAD to make chocolate chip cookies, so I went out and bought chocolate chips :) But when I pulled up your blog to get the recipe I realized it wasn't there!!!

Hollie said...

Six dozen. Wow that is a lot of cookies. haha nice job shaye. Little Peyton is so cute! I love the 2nd stroller picture. :)

micah folsom photography said...

Hey!

Just saw your comment on Emily's blog and wanted to let you know I was thinking about coming down to Cedar/St.George this summer if you'd be interested in a full or mini session:) You can see the details on my photog blog under one of the page tabs at the top.

Ashley Clark said...

YUm cookies!
About getting him to sleep longer- Lily was still waking up once at night to eat, but I decided that I really needed to sleep! So we let her cry instead of feeding her (which is really painful at 3am, but you just shut the door and try to ignore it or say some prayers) and then after three days she stopped waking up for the feeding. We did the same thing with Ethan only it took about a week or so but then we slept straight through as well. They are old enough that they don't need to eat anymore at night. I also try to keep her awake and give her a full feeding before she goes to bed around 8-10pm. I hope that is helpful!

Natalie Puikkonen said...

Can't wait to try out Shaye's skills. I will have to give him a food assignment for the reunion!