Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I can't believe it is already Christmas time, this year has flown by so fast!! I'm not complaining though cause I love Christmas time, you know it is the most wonderful time of the year:) We have been enjoying decorating the house and seeing Christmas lights and teaching Peyton not to play with the decorations, they are just so pretty he can hardly stand it! He does pretty good though, just has to be reminded several times a day we don't play with them. He keeps trying thinking one of these days things will change and he can play with whatever he wants:) He has already met Santa this year and the following pictures will show how that went...
Things started out pretty good...
then it was like, what am I doing up here...
and who are you?!
Love those little teeth on the bottom. He is getting A LOT of teeth right now. They are coming in everywhere! It will be a happy day when all the teeth are finally in.
I love this. He is so funny he loves to look at the nativity. He likes to growl at the sheep and then when he talks to baby Jesus it is in the soft little whisper of baby talk, so sweet I love it. I keep telling him that sheep don't growl but he doesn't listen. It is pretty funny though. He knows he is not supposed to touch them but sometimes I find that the sheep have been rearranged. It is so fun when you see your child catch onto something you have been trying to teach him. Last night when we were getting ready to go to bed he was just playing around and I said Peyton should we say prayers before bed? He popped right up and walked over to me with his arms folded. It just about brought a tear to my eye, it was so sweet.
These are all of his buddies on the stairs. He likes to say hi to them as we go up or down. They are all of our Christmas stuffed animals. It makes me smile every time when he waves at them:)
He loves the tree. He gets as close as he can and sometimes touches it and then says, "preee" for pretty. I always tell, don't touch it's pretty. So he knows not to touch pretties:)
Happy Christmas time with my boy!
Look who is looking all grown up?! We went to my sister Emily's dance concert last week which was great. Peyton enjoyed it as long as he could sit in his own seat. I guess he thinks he is a big kid and doesn't need to sit on my lap anymore:( He liked sitting there and dancing to the music, it is crazy to me how much he is changing and growing up so darn fast!

4 comments:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

He is so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh man he is a cute kid! It looks like your house is so festive and cute. I hear you on the teeth thing. Too bad they can't all come in at the same time, all in the same day, and then be done!

Hollie said...

How cute is he!! He is growing right up. That is cute he is folding his arms, the first time Jaxon said his own prayer I DID cry. haha I still can't believe sometimes we are in charge of teaching our kids all that they need to know. Crazy! Your house looks so cute.

Kim said...

Love the Santa pictures. What a stud!