Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beautiful Lake Tahoe

What a wonderful week we've had. Well actually it has been kind of bitter sweet. Shaye has been gone all week selling with the rest of the office about 2 hours south of here so us wives have been left to fend for ourselves:) They will be home tomorrow night and we will all be grateful for that. So since we had some extra time to ourselves and to make the time go by faster a few of us thought we would go over to Lake Tahoe for a couple days. It was the perfect little get away. I have never been there before and it is really beautiful! The lake is beautiful, plus the mountains and the trees just make it even better. We had a wonderful time relaxing on the beach and the kids loved playing in the sand. It is only about a 3 hour drive from where we live so I hope to go back with Shaye, he would love it!
Here's Mikkel, Traj and Davie Marshall getting settled on the beach. It was the perfect day with the best weather, we were all so pleased.
Me and Mikkel enjoying the wonderful sunshine. I'm so lucky to have her out here with me, she is the best. She helps me so I can't be lonely, I always have a friend:)
Traj and Davie playing in the sand. Someone else had started digging this hole in the sand and they were loving sitting in it.
So cute
This is the view of Tahoe from the top of the Harrah's Hotel where we had dinner that night.
Me and Whitney McDonald the next morning on the beach. We couldn't get enough of it, it was just so nice down there.
Later we did leave the beach to go on a nice little hike in the woods. Here is me and Traj between this huge fallen tree. It fell right over the trail so they just cut out a walk way instead of moving the tree. Much better idea since the tree was HUGE. All the trees were really big. Traj was loving everything about our trip. The beach, our little cabin room we stayed in and our hike. He kept saying. "This is pretty neat." He's so cute:)
Mikkel and Trajen loving the new little lake we found on our hike. This was Fallen Leaf Lake, or something like that. It was also very beautiful and hidden in this little valley.
Here are the happy hikers. Me, Davie, Trajen, Liz (with Carson in the pouch), and Whitney.
Here's Lake Tahoe from the overlook at the top. Seriously it is just beautiful. I love this little island out there, and the water is just so blue and pretty.
Loved you Lake Tahoe, hope to come back soon:)

5 comments:

Hollie said...

oh wow it is pretty there. Sad I missed it but glad you all went.

Unknown said...

That looks like such a fun trip. I'm glad you guys are doing so many fun things this summer!

Malinda S. said...

It looks so beautiful! I have never been and keep hearing from others how great it is. Oh fun that you get to be with your sis all summer.

Ashley J said...

Fun! It looks gorgeous, I'm jealous I didn't come with, but will for sure have to talk Shawn into going.

Jeni and Mike said...

I'm glad you got to experience the joys of lake tahoe! We've been about an hour and a half from it for the last year and a half and I can't believe the beauty of it everytime we go. It really is such a wonder! Hope everything is going well for you.