Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Sorry I have been a little slow to get my 4th of July post up, I don't know why I have been slacking? Anyways here are a few pictures from the wonderful holiday. It was a little sad because I was missing out on the always wonderful Brown Family Reunion. Mikkel and I almost bought tickets home at the last minute so we wouldn't miss out but in the end didn't. Next year I will be there, I can't stand to miss another one! Besides missing out on the reunion it was a good fourth with plenty of fun!
This is me and our friend Tosha getting ready to watch the very fun parade. It really was great! My favorite was the high school band. They were really very good and I just enjoy the good music and there cool synchronized moves. And the parade went right past our house so we didn't even have to go far.
Here we all are enjoying lunch in the park after the parade. We really are so lucky to live right next to this nice park that always has fun stuff going on. They had people performing so we just enjoyed the fun atmosphere. Here's me, Tosha, Ashley Johnston and some of the kiddies.
Later that even after the guys got done working we enjoyed a tasty BBQ at the park while we waited to watch the fireworks. I brought some little snaps for Traj to play with. Here we are throwing them on the ground and enjoying the loud SNAP!
Me, Traj and Davie
The guys had organized a football tournament and the winner received movie tickets. Sadly Shaye was not on the winning team but he tons of fun!
Somehow it was freezing that night and we were not really prepared for how cold it was going to be. Here is Mikkel and I freezing and missing our family! At least we had each other:)
And finally Shaye and I right before the fireworks began. It really was freezing and windy and I look like a mess. We also had a sprinkler scare but luckily someone found the valve to turn them off before we all got soaked! Happy 4th to all, hope you had a wonderful day! I'm only a week late in wishing that but I do hope it was wonderful:)

4 comments:

Mikkel said...

The pic of you with Davie and Traj is very, very cute. I should post it on my blog. Send it to me. Please?

Unknown said...

It sounds like you still had a fun 4th, but I missed you a lot, a lot at the reunion. I'm glad you are having fun out there in Cali. I wish we could come visit, it looks like a blast!

Hollie said...

The old man santa singing at the park was pretty dang good. Wouldn't you say... It was a good day!

Malinda S. said...

I haven't stopped by in awhile and it was fun to read all your posts. I love Cali. If it wasn't so far from my family I would move without hesitation. It is so fun to catch up with old friends and classmates.